Thursday, November 29, 2007

Mumps,what an excuse!!!

So I returned to the Bank in Rhyl. It was the 31st March. A few days before Monica had asked me if I fancied going in the Chester Motor Club's April Fools rally, held tonight. I jumped at the chance, mixing it with the Chester nobility (!) and being with Monica. For some reason I asked two of the ladies from the Bank staff if they would like to come, Ann Kelsey a typist and Susan Jones from the machine room, the young lady that spotted us together in Paynes Corner House on the previous Boxing night. Both said yes. Both were lively ladies to be with and good fun. I don't remember whether we went in two cars or just mine. Anyway, Monica did the navigating with an Ordnance Survey map and a lot of joke clues, like one of the checkpoints was in a cave about 300 yards from off the road. Ann and Susan were with us, we got horribly lost and after hours gave up and went back to Gordon Vickers night club in Chester, more or less the last to get back. I get a lot of leg pulls from the young lads who had been driving, got lost for hours with three attractive young ladies---Ha Ha Ha. All in all it was a great night. I got into bed in Rhyl about 3 a.m. When I woke up to go to work, I could'nt move my neck for the pain. My Wife took one look at me and said "You've got mumps." She was in the St.John's Ambulance and was very good at spotting things like that quickly. But---at 33 years old and no contact with anyone infected. However, my Doctor soon confirmed it. "Don't go near anyone for at least three weeks. and definately don't even think about going to work. So, hard luck Mr Bill Bayley and his men, where the Gods smiling on me?

No comments: